Question:
Which nation’s children never learn about ‘cheating for winning’ in their fairy tales?
2006-04-02 20:18:15 UTC
Which nation’s children never learn about ‘cheating for winning’ in their fairy tales?
Six answers:
captain howdy
2006-04-07 10:51:28 UTC
This is a good question that i am not sure about which nation, but i know that in several faerie tales the "hero is usually a trickster, such as jack of jack and the bean stalk, Hansel and Gretel, there are several other faerie tales that rely on trickery to save the hero, such as the brave little taylor, it is a very common theme, but i dont think that the message was cheat to win. I think the message was more along the line of Be sharp witted and outsmart your enemy rather than beat them with brute force.
2006-04-03 03:23:09 UTC
Do American children learn about "cheating for winning" in their fairy tales? If they do, I'm in trouble cause I can't think of a fairy tale in America that teaches that!
zentrinity
2006-04-03 03:33:30 UTC
don't know about other nation's fairy tales, but just wanted to comment that i recently watched a video of "jack and the beanstalk" with my nieces, and was really freaked out by the message it was sending- ugly people- symbolized by the ogres, can't be trusted, deserve to be robbed, and ultimately it's ok to kill them.

man our fairy tales are freaked!

i think we should pay more attention to the messages we send our children- especially unmonitored tv, it can really be damaging!
hendrik_gw
2006-04-03 06:56:29 UTC
Indonesia
help me
2006-04-03 04:28:00 UTC
the Aborigines of Australia
anna
2006-04-08 15:07:40 UTC
i never learned that dear and frankly i don't know what you mean