Question:
How do myans live?
2006-04-06 18:10:47 UTC
Email me at playahatarada@yahoo.com.
Four answers:
Shepen
2006-04-10 21:43:13 UTC
Mayans live today as a minority in central america, though they still retain their own language, culture, dress, etc. Here is some more info:
arky_86
2006-04-07 02:33:50 UTC
Primitive suggests they are further behind in evolution than others, which is incorrect - primitive is a word not used in Archaeology anymore; because they live a different lifestyle does not make them less evolved than others. Hunter gatherer societies live fabulously in wild Africa - as a matter of fact, the hunter gatherer lifestyle is one of the best, we have just chosen to label them as primitive because they live differently than us.

Are you talking about the lost Mayan Civilizations? They are a population living in the Yucatan that, at one point, lived a great and mysterious life. They left behind great ruins known to all archaeologists as some of the most interesting and random places. (I am an archaeologist - so you know). They were a civilization that created a massive and advanced society far beyond their times and still remain one of the most sophisticated peoples of ancient times. Their society is a mystery to us, and although we are slowly unravelling it - it takes time. They lived and prospered for some time before suddenly collapsing. Many theories suggest all different reasons for that collapse, although we still cannot be sure what exactly happened. I urge you to look around online for some reputable resources where you could get more information on this. They are extremely interesting.
lacey
2006-04-07 02:47:05 UTC
I always thought that the advanced Mayan civilization disappeared before Columbus and his cohorts took that wrong turn. I can recall reading that there were a number of their books that were burned and the fact that the Mayan calendar is actually the most accurate one. The one we use is actually about 4 years out. I could be wrong.
tvlscat@flash.net
2006-04-07 01:14:59 UTC
It is Mayans. The are a primitive native people of the Yucatan.